Don’t miss this months T3 Event
Tribal Technology Training Worksession
Friday, April 24, 2015 from 10am to 3pm
Mountlake Terrace Senior Center
23000 Lakeview Drive, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
9:30am Set-up: Coffee, light breakfast & networking
- 10am Welcome and Introductions – Andrea Alexander & Randall Harris, ATNI Technology Committee
- FCC Native Broadband Task Force – Report – Howard Brown, Tulalip Tribe and Crytsal Hottowe, Makah Tribe
- E Rate – Committee funding strategy, how can tribal schools and libraries access these funds? “Follow the Money Trail”
- USDA RUS – Prepare for ATNI Spring Training Session May 20, 2015
- White House Broadband Council of Agencies – President Obama established the Broadband Opportunity Council on March 23 to urge federal agencies to promote service to rural and underserved areas, the Co-Chairs are Tim Vilsack, USDA Secretary and Penny Pritzker, Commerce Secreatary.
11am T3 Training Curriculum Approach, Facilitated by Professor Bill Erdly, U. of WA Bothell, Panel includes Andrea Alexander, Crystal Hottowe, Makah, Naomi Jacobson, Quiletue Tribal Chair, Randy Harris, Quinault and Senator John McCoy
“How to replicate the Tulalip Model” – Training approach for a Tribal Master Plan that incorporates the Goverment, Business & Tribal member technology needs.
ATNI Renewable Energy & Telecommunications Training Summit – Key topics for the technology training tracks. Summit is confirmed on August 9-11, 2015 in Portland, OR
12pm Hosted Lunch Sponsored by OneNet WA
1pm Update on the FirstNet Process- Andrea Alexander, Facilitator, Mike Gaffney, WSU & John Snyder, WSU Shelley Westall, OneNet WA, Randall Harris, OneNet Stakeholder Committee
Tribal Data Needs Discussion
Tribes have a lack of data to build their community and business plans for technology development. This discussion will build on past ATNI progress in tribal technology to build on the current outreach work of FirstNet. What are the survey questions for a web based survey? What is WSU role in collecting, storing, and managing a Statewide Tribal technology data base? What privacy rules need to be included and standards for sharing information? Other?
3pm Meeting Updates, Summary & Action Steps
Free Parking, good coffee, hosted lunch on site, Bring your laptop — internet available!
Please RSVP – Lunch headcount to:
Andrea Alexander, 425-501-0042 cell or Aalexander795@gmail.com
Note: The new Mountlake Terrace Senior Center is located in the former Lake Ballinger Golf Course Clubhouse.
ATNI Spring Conference – May 18-21, 2015 at Kah-Nee-Tah Resort in Warm Springs, OR
ATNI Renewable Energy & Technology Training Summit, August 9-11, 2015 at the Kennedy School in Portland, OR
Thank you to the T3 Sponsors: Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe & OneNet of WA